Set in the heart of the Rann of Kutch, this westernmost princely province of India is not only known for its stunning landscape, but also for its fascinating craft culture, delicious local cuisine, royal heritage, architecture, folklore and history, rife with trials brought on by natural disasters like earthquakes.
On our tours, you get to stay with the Royal Family of Bhuj. They take you on exclusive tours of their private museums, dine with you, cookout with you, visit their favourite viewpoints, and so much more.
You also get to visit 17 crafts’ communities that live around Bhuj, hear stories from the region’s best local story tellers, and take long drives into the magical white desert.
- Arrive early in the morning at Bhuj.
- Check in to the home stay of the Royal family of Bhuj.
- Visit the private museum set within the property and then go to Prag Mahal, the palace in the city that is now a museum open to public.
- Have lunch with the host family and go shopping in the city after lunch.
- Take a long drive and get a nice view of the sunset.
- In the evening, maybe do a cookout with the princess.
- Enjoy breakfast with the host family.
- Get a full day guided tour of the main sights of Bhuj.
- Lunch with a village family.
- Visit the ruins of a once popular pilgrim destination of the Nath Panth order or Advaitic saints.
- Visit a dinosaur fossil museum, and get back in time for dinner.
- Guided tour of various crafts communities, by one of the craftsmen
- Visit a Bandhni workshop and witness the craftspeople at work
- Visit Bhujodi where the weavers live and work, demonstrating their work
- Visit Ajrakpur to see old fashioned hand printing on fabric by a
- Visit various crafts communities and craft museums.
- Visit the white desert before Sundown to get a splendid view.
- Have breakfast in the morning and then head off to the airport.
What is included in the tour
We generally try to give a fairly accurate indication of the price of the whole package including guidance, with a buffer so most of the time we come back with smaller figures than you see indicated on the website. This is to establish the ballpark budgets we work with. Accurate estimates are offered only upon inquiry, checking availability, checking season prices, and after a detailed list of items has been drawn to be included in the customised itinerary. We normally include transport, guide costs, food, accommodation.
What is NOT included in the tour