Located on the banks of the river Macchu, Wankaner gets its name from the river itself, literally translating to ‘river-bend’ in Gujarati. The royal family of Wankaner was once the fountainhead of the Jhala clan, hailed for their leadership and glory by erstwhile royal families across the present state.
During your tour, you would enjoy the hospitality of the royal family of Wankaner, and you will stay at their heritage hotel, the Royal Oasis. You will also enjoy a privately guided tour of the magnificent Royal Ranjit Villas Palace, built in the year 1907. The evening prayers at the Swaminarayan Temple will help you get a glimpse into the state’s well preserved, ancient culture.
Nature treks, bird watching tours, horse riding experiences cater to the adventurous and nature loving visitor, and you get a chance to visit the beautiful Asiatic wild ass’s last remaining breeding sanctuary, and the Greater Flamingo’s largest local habitat.
- Land in Rajkot and drive one hour to Wankaner princely state.
- Check into Royal Oasis Palace Home Stay.
- Lunch with the Royal family of Wankaner.
- Visit the Ranjit Villas Palace Museum.
- Spend the day visiting the last remaining sanctuary of the Asiatic Wild Ass. Here one can spot other dessert and bird life including one of the largest Greater Flamingo breeding grounds.
- Nature Trek & Bird Watching at Jaswatsar lake.
- Horse riding through the village.
- Village tours and interaction with local tribes.
- Wankaner town visit and local shopping, and visiting the potters community and appreciating their craft.
- Swaminarayan Temple visit and evening prayers.
- Check out after breakfast and head back to Rajkot in time to catch your flight.
What is included in the tour
We generally try to give a fairly accurate indication of the price of the whole package including guidance, with a buffer so most of the time we come back with smaller figures than you see indicated on the website. This is to establish the ballpark budgets we work with. Accurate estimates are offered only upon inquiry, checking availability, checking season prices, and after a detailed list of items has been drawn to be included in the customised itinerary. We normally include transport, guide costs, food, accommodation.
What is NOT included in the tour