Utelia is a small village located an hour and a half away from Ahmedabad, 4kms off the Ahmedabad – Bhavnagar highway. The village is home to the magnificent Utelia Palace, built by Bhav Sinhji, a member of the Vaghleela Rajput clan which ruled the greater parts of Gujarat, Rajasthan, Reva and Malwa.
The 3 night – 4 day tour encompasses a variety of experiences in optimum time. From a journey through Royal history at the palace of Utelia, to time travel arriving at 3700 BC, when you visit the ruins of the ancient civilization unearthed in the town of Lothal; from tribal rituals settlements and chais with village chiefs, to walks through villages and conversations with people of the villages; and ending with a glimpse into the conserved, wild life of the black bucks in their Sanctuary.
- Arrive at Ahmedabad on a morning flight, and a taxi is waiting for you at the airport
- Drive straight to Utelia, 1.5 hours away
- Welcome and introductions by Yuvraj Bhagirath Sinhji, prince of Utelia Palace, followed by informal check in and lunch.
- Visit neighboring villages (bird trappers tribe, and Parhal village).
- Chai with Parhal chief.
- Dinner at Utelia palace.
- Early morning village walk with little Kanha the village boy, having conversations with him about life in his home town.
- Breakfast at Utelia palace.
- Visit Lothal where you see the ruins of the 3700 BC Harappan civilization: site and museum.
- Lunch at Utelia palace.
- Desert Nomadic Tribe tour and perhaps Camel water hole visit.
- Dinner at Utelia Palace.
- Breakfast at Utelia Palace.
- Set out for Black buck park.
- Drive through the semi desert salt plains.
- Lunch at Black Buck lodge.
- Enjoy an afternoon Safari.
- Stay at Black Buck Lodge for one night.
- Check out and drive back to Ahmedabad in time to catch your flight.
What is included in the tour
We generally try to give a fairly accurate indication of the price of the whole package including guidance, with a buffer so most of the time we come back with smaller figures than you see indicated on the website. This is to establish the ballpark budgets we work with. Accurate estimates are offered only upon inquiry, checking availability, checking season prices, and after a detailed list of items has been drawn to be included in the customised itinerary. We normally include transport, guide costs, food, accommodation.
What is NOT included in the tour