While Bangalore was once a wonderland for children, with its avenues of trees, parks, accessible outskirts for hiking and picnicking, and safe streets, it is now increasingly hard to bring a smile of a child’s face with a city tour. Hence, our tour focus on less sightseeing and more of hands-on experiences, where the children feel a sense of involvement, and learning.
Our tour is custom tailored to suit the interests, attention span, and stamina of your children, which you would know best. So we could work together to make a program that would work for them.
You may take some ideas from our sample program and write to us to customize.
Note: Accompanying officials including bodyguards, are charged the same way as tourists.
Hotel pick up and drop back: If we are using our car, our pick up for guests within 3 km from MG road is free. Beyond that is chargeable at 13 Rs per km + 150 per hour extra driving.
- For very young kids: Take a toy train ride and enjoy the play areas of Bal Bhavan in Cubbon park OR for slightly older kids: Visit the scientific museum
- Enjoy a little picnic in Cubbon park, some lightweight story telling about Bangalore’s history
- Henna or face painting for kids by an artist (depending on availability)
- Learn to make Chaat in an Indian home, and have a Chaat high tea
- A quick lesson on how to do Rangoli, and what it signifies.
- A visit to the potter’s community in pottery town, and try a hand at pottery / clay sculpture
- Visit the Planetarium and if time allows, watch the shows:
- Solar System show at 1230 pm, or
- Stars at 430 pm, or
- on Sundays only the special show “Dawn of Space Age”
(The planetarium is closed on public holidays, Mondays and Tuesdays. Limited seating so availability not guaranteed)
*Our sample programs are furnished to give you an idea of how we design our tours. These are customisable, and also every item suggested is subject to availability on your date of the tour. While we offer no assurances that everything you choose will be accessible on the day of your tour, we normally improvise in case something is closed or unavailable that day.
What is included in the tour
- Guidance by a Culture Rings culture ambassador
- Light Refreshments offered along the way
What is NOT included in the tour
- Cost of extra drinks & food, apart from offered refreshments
- Car with the driver (needed since this is not a walking tour)
- Hotel pickups and drops, from/to start point
- Personal expenses