The old capital of the old state of Mysore, Mysore city is one of South India’s most popular tourist destinations, for history buffs, culture vultures, and wildlife enthusiasts. From Bangalore, Mysore is about 140 km driving distance. En route you can visit the silkworm culture that feeds one of the state’s most thriving traditional industries, the Channapatna toy factories, the sugar mills, the natural sanctuaries for birds and crocodiles that offer quaint organized experiences, and the historic town of Shrirangapatna where the big battles between the Indians and British were fought before India fell into the hands of the British Empire. The journey is twice as interesting as Mysore city the destination!
In the city, there’s plenty to learn and experience, but a day trip normally calls for a quick visit to the palace, a coffee with erstwhile royalty, and a drive up to Chamundi hill by Sunset before heading to the highway again, for a 3-hour long drive back to Bangalore.
Note: Accompanying officials including bodyguards, are charged the same way as tourists.
Hotel pick up and drop back: If we are using our car, our pick up for guests within 3km from MG road is free. Beyond that is chargeable at 13Rs per km + 150 per hour extra driving.
- A silk village, where worms are bred and cocooned.
- A silk cocoon market and auction house.
- Visit a toy factory where traditional wooden toys are crafted by artisans.
- Visit a traditional Indian Village and see people’s lifestyles.
- An ancient Hindu temple built in the 9th century.
- Sunset Prayer on Chamundi hill.
- Boatride among migratory birds and marsh crocodiles.
- Mysore Palace
- A silk factory, where you see the silk-making process.
- An old palace converted into an art gallery.
- Sugarcane fields and a sugarcane factory.
- Traditional South Indian/Karnataka coffee and a snack.
- Riverside lunch
- Mysore flower and bangle bazaar.
What is included in the tour
- Guidance by a Culture Rings culture ambassador
- Refreshment basket in the car
What is NOT included in the tour
- Cost of drinks & food, tax, car with the driver
- Hotel pickups
- Personal expenses: In case you choose to buy things along the way, you are encouraged to spend your own cash so that reimbursements aren’t invoiced to you with added taxes. Otherwise please let us know in advance if you would like us to pick up any bills along the way and invoice them to you in the end.
SOME UNIQUE POSSIBILITIES (subject to availability)
An exclusive Mysore private tour by a Mysore princess
A private meal with the erstwhile royal family of Mysore State
A cookout with a Mysore Princess
Bicycle Tour of Srirangapatna