Our private Bangalore tours are customized with YOU in mind. with a Culture Ambassador and Chauffeured car at service, you are exclusively guided through the city, with conversations and sensitivity to your (possibly) changing moods, interests and curiosities. Our off the beaten path tours take you beyond the guidebook to give you access to experiences like home dining with a local family, an up-close and personal view into the varieties of local people’s lifestyles, they enhance your social awareness, and provide you with a first-hand experience of well preserved but hard to stumble upon subcultures in a city of ten million.
You will be amazed at how good our culture ambassadors are at gauging your interests, making an on-the-spot program, and improvising along the way. That’s right, you don’t need to plan in too much detail ahead of time. The more careless abandon you come with the happier you’ll find yourself as the tour unfolds.
We offer these tours in 4 hours, 6 hours and 8-hour capsules. Please click on the Sample program tab to see details of how our tours are planned, according to your preferred duration of the tour.
Note: Accompanying officials including bodyguards, are charged the same way as tourists.
Hotel pick up and drop back: If we are using our car, our pick up for guests within 3km from MG road is free. Beyond that is chargeable at 13Rs per km + 150 per hour extra driving.
- Start with Breakfast at a Snake Temple.
- Walkthrough old alleyways and explore what goes on in them: some art, some craft, some tradition, some religion.
- Gossip with locals over tea or coffee at a local, old cafe.
- Go trigger happy with your camera in the colorful farmer’s market: wholesale flowers, fruit, vegetables, spices. A treat to all your senses!
- Historical drive through the city’s old roads and parliament area and some monuments.
- Visit Bangalore’s oldest church.
- Walkthrough a scrap market behind it where dubious car parts are sold.
- End tour with a beer at one of the city’s hot spots.
*Our sample programs are furnished to give you an idea of how we design our tours. These are customisable, and also every item suggested is subject to availability on your date of the tour. While we offer no assurances that everything you choose will be accessible on the day of your tour, we normally improvise in case something is closed or unavailable that day.
- Lunch in a traditional Karnataka tasting room.
- Visit a Kali temple, set in the heart of a Hindu cemetery.
- Witness life in a washerman’s village where people do laundry traditionally, on stone, for a living.
- Visit a Sikh temple and understand a little about India’s youngest religion.
What is included in the tour
- Guidance by a Culture Rings culture ambassador
- Light Refreshments offered along the way
What is NOT included in the tour
- Cost of extra drinks & food, apart from offered refreshments
- Car with the driver (needed since this is not a walking tour)
- Hotel pickups and drops, from/to start point
- Personal expenses