This 4-day tour of Kashmir gives one an insight into the life of the Kashmiris, their art and craft, and a dive into the breathtaking landscapes Kashmir has to offer. The experience includes long, beautiful exploratory walks, a visit to the beautiful Shalimar gardens in Srinagar, a stay in a houseboat on Nageen Lake, a pre-dawn Shikhara ride to the floating market on Dal Lake, and a drive past picturesque orchards from Srinagar to Pahelgam with the beautiful River Lidder flowing below, taking you to the last motorable point. You get to meet the people who work at the Shepherds’ craft project, visit their site and witness their amazing work, and also visit the Himalayan Cheese Factory where you learn what makes the cheese from here so rich and special.
- Arrival in Srinagar by any flight that lands before 2 p.m.
- Transfer to a houseboat on Nigeen Lake.
- 4:30 p.m.: Shikara Ride to the Lake Club shore from where the guests will be taken to Shalimar Gardens
- 6:30 p.m.: Return to houseboat for dinner and rest.
- Early morning (pre-dawn) Shikara ride to the floating market on Dal Lake, once a favourite honeymoon spot for privileged Indians.
- 8:00 a.m.: Local breakfast