Our Countryside tours take you for a long drive out of the madness and noise of the city, into the calm, organic outskirts. This is a custom tailored tour that can be designed to suit your mood and interests. Possibilities include: a visit to an ancient temple, a privately hosted lunch in an elegant family farmhouse, or lunch in a village home, a walk through a village, a visit to a silk worm breeding village, and wine tasting and a meal in a magical vineyard are the highlights.
- Take a long drive out of the city
- Visit an ancient temple or two on the outskirts of Bangalore: visit to the magnificent Bhoganandeeshwara temple, the oldest temple around Bangalore that celebrates the wedding of Shiva and Parvati.
- Stop by at a rural village on the outskirts and see the India that Gandhi tried to save.
- Visit a silk weaving unit that uses the handloom technique to create designer products (accessories and garments).
- A village on the silk belt where silk worms are bred and cocoons are cultured for the silk industry
- Lunch options: A privately hosted lunch in a traditional Brahmin home OR Lunch at an exclusive farmhouse on the outskirts of the city OR lunch on the go
- (The highlight is always interesting conversations over lunch with the host.)
- End at sunset with a magical vineyard tour and dinner
*Our sample programs are furnished to give you an idea of how we design our tours. These are customisable, and also every item suggested is subject to availability on your date of the tour. While we offer no assurances that everything you choose will be accessible on the day of your tour, we normally improvise in case something is closed or unavailable that day.
What is included in the tour
- Guidance by a Culture Rings culture ambassador
- Light Refreshments offered along the way
What is NOT included in the tour
- Cost of extra drinks & food, apart from offered refreshments
- Car with the driver (needed since this is not a walking tour)
- Hotel pickups and drops, from/to start point
- Personal expenses